Monday, February 16

making deals




I am supposed to be reading the chapters for the Bible study group I attend Tuesday night's. Naturally, I am here, digging the bottom of the barrel to read and post something. So, I don't have to do what; I am supposed to be doing. I pampered myself again, tonight. I cooked myself the best supper, Ever. A nice rib eye steak, with mushrooms added when almost done...A pot of left over rice, and it was good. I have to start watching what I eat, Now a days. I have to get serious about my exercise regimen again. Amazingly I've cut out potatoes. Yes, potatoes. Even, I am shocked at myself. I love french fries, I live to eat french fries. Especially, McDonald's french fries.


I also just got done being sick. I couldn't eat anything...Nothing for about four days. I was horribly, awfully, terribly ill. It started out as sweating, freezing, coughing, sneezing. Went on to raw and sore throat, more feverish, freezing minutes.


Continued on a few more days, of fever, hurting chest, aching body...Crying from feeling so damn crummy, being thirsty and unable to drink anything because of no appetite. It was awful. I must of made some pact, or promise with God if I ever got better. 'Cuz since I've come out of it; I've been concerned about drinking enough water, eating enough dark green vegetables, NO MORE POTATOES, more steamed rice, NO BREADS, lots of juices and oranges. Is it possible to make a deal with God the almighty and not know it? It must be; 'Cuz tomorrow I'm going to buy some brown rice too. Well, if in fact I did make a deal with God to live better. I should read up on the guy. We are studying the book of Exodus in our little group. I didn't go to group last week; On account of the fever, freezing and coughing.


Now, I have to read two chapters and review to catch up. It is back to work tomorrow; I am trying to not be freaked out too much.


I hate the people I work with; They are far too much trouble. Greedy, lying, gossiping, manipulative people. Why didn't I trade those people in when making deals with God? Couldn't God send some good folks my way. Peaceful, patient, truthful, decent people. Instead I work with these women who be misrepresenting regularly, A man who blames everyone for his shortcomings and lies daily, A woman who can't help but gossip about everyone around her in hopes no one will pay attention to her. Yeh, I'm having a hard time getting psyched up to return to work. God be with me. Please, hear me, hear this, Be with me when I go into the lions den tomorrow.



Amen.


(You just never know for sure.)

No comments: