Monday, August 23

Let the night come

My heart is aching; I could see it, within bursting
and breaking.
Something is missing; something is wrong. Where has the warmth of this world gone?

Silence, and yet still more silence. I used to dream when I was a little girl, of being in love. I used to dream when I was a child that in my existence there'd be a man 
a loving relationship for me. 
I used to dream of a house filled with laughter; a home filled with flowers.

Friends, and lovers talking together for hours.

Something is missing; something is wrong.

I will force myself to dream, till the ache and emptiness subside. I will bury myself in wishes and hopes till remnants of this flattened-deflated-shell of love have died. 

I will walk into the darkest, blackest of emptiest nights, beyond the fullness of the moon. 
Love has all 
but gone. 

I will lay under a blanket of the brightest stars; till God has mercy on my lonely soul. 
Something is missing; something is wrong. 
I'll shut my eyes ever tightly; and pray for the sandman to sing for me, sweetly. I'll ask the maker of dreams for soft
for sweet
for warm
for bright and laughter. 

I dream of cool ocean water spilling over my toes
I dream of a gentle breeze tussling my hair over my nose
I dream of deepest-purest-grandest of blue skies
I dream of soaring on the great North wind
I dream of being loved
I dream of whispers, as you hold my fingertips
I dream of that first and final kiss

Let the night come; let the dreams begin. Open up the heavens to take my wounded heart in. Let the Sun go down; the noises of life fall deaf.


No comments: