
I have super human powers; I am invisible. My room-mate hasn't spoke to me, since damn Saturday night. I have abso-freaking-lutely no idea, nor clue why he seems to have lost his tongue, and voice when it comes to me?
I laughed at myself; Last night, because he and I just made up like Thursday or Friday. It started with a big-a*s fight because he didn't fill up my delicate pink tea kettle after he poured boiling water out of it.
Now, there's a few things people have to know about me. I don't have many (oh, okay maybe I do have more than I care to admit.) pet peeves but a big one is...FILL UP THE TEA KETTLE. I don't care if I have to empty the garbage, or wash the dishes every damn day. I don't care, if I have to sweep the big a*s wooden floor and mop it every week. I don't care, if I never get a break from any of said chores. All I care, is when I stumble around out of bed, hair piled up atop my head, eyes half way open, half way seeing, fumbling-trying to see the damn switch to turn on the stove to make the tea kettle boil---is that it is full of water. Not 1/2 way full, not 1/4 way full, not even a damn 3/4 full...I WANT the damn thing, full to the brim. If I have that, I am a happy woman, and the world can turn. If I have that in the morning, I am good to go. It is all I want, in the whole world.
So, last week, he not only leaves the kettle 1/2 way full, he also leaves my french press decanter, full of his grounds?
Not such a good idea. An unhappy and angry Melisa--BITES. If you mess with my morning coffee ritual, be prepared to lose a limb or something.
Anyway, we got into it, so badly when he came home whatever-morning it was we made up. I made him go to get his own french press decanter. Which he did, it was so bad I apologized to the man. I felt badly about how hard and bad it was we fought. That he went out and bought his own decanter..I felt sheepish, embarassed and JUST downright bad for having such a fit. .
So, we get through the horrors of that situation, I showed I could be a big-grown up person and apologize....things are going well. Then, all of a sudden out of no-where he stops speaking to me after Saturday night?
I've just kind of let it go on, and figure when he feels like it he'll talk to me. Last night I was doing the little bit of dishes we use. I looked over at the stove at the delicate pink tea kettle and was afraid to touch it. I was afraid to lift it to check if it was full. For fear, if it wasn't I'd flip out. Yep, you guessed it.
It was 1/2 way full? OMG I jumped up and down...OMG I just could have died. I filled it up. As I did dishes I looked over at the counter and there sat TWO dirty french press decanters. So now that he doesn't leave mine dirty....I can wash his too?
How much sense does that make? How did I win, in that situation? I made him go get his own decanter, so mine won't be dirty....Now, I have two to clean? The irony. OMGosh the irony. If anyone shouldn't be speaking to anyone...it should be me...not speaking to him. I do think, he waved at me this a.m. But, I am used to being invisible now.
I am a superhero, with superhero capabilities...The invisible room mate...?
Yeah, whatever.
I laughed at myself; Last night, because he and I just made up like Thursday or Friday. It started with a big-a*s fight because he didn't fill up my delicate pink tea kettle after he poured boiling water out of it.
Now, there's a few things people have to know about me. I don't have many (oh, okay maybe I do have more than I care to admit.) pet peeves but a big one is...FILL UP THE TEA KETTLE. I don't care if I have to empty the garbage, or wash the dishes every damn day. I don't care, if I have to sweep the big a*s wooden floor and mop it every week. I don't care, if I never get a break from any of said chores. All I care, is when I stumble around out of bed, hair piled up atop my head, eyes half way open, half way seeing, fumbling-trying to see the damn switch to turn on the stove to make the tea kettle boil---is that it is full of water. Not 1/2 way full, not 1/4 way full, not even a damn 3/4 full...I WANT the damn thing, full to the brim. If I have that, I am a happy woman, and the world can turn. If I have that in the morning, I am good to go. It is all I want, in the whole world.
So, last week, he not only leaves the kettle 1/2 way full, he also leaves my french press decanter, full of his grounds?
Not such a good idea. An unhappy and angry Melisa--BITES. If you mess with my morning coffee ritual, be prepared to lose a limb or something.
Anyway, we got into it, so badly when he came home whatever-morning it was we made up. I made him go to get his own french press decanter. Which he did, it was so bad I apologized to the man. I felt badly about how hard and bad it was we fought. That he went out and bought his own decanter..I felt sheepish, embarassed and JUST downright bad for having such a fit. .
So, we get through the horrors of that situation, I showed I could be a big-grown up person and apologize....things are going well. Then, all of a sudden out of no-where he stops speaking to me after Saturday night?
I've just kind of let it go on, and figure when he feels like it he'll talk to me. Last night I was doing the little bit of dishes we use. I looked over at the stove at the delicate pink tea kettle and was afraid to touch it. I was afraid to lift it to check if it was full. For fear, if it wasn't I'd flip out. Yep, you guessed it.
It was 1/2 way full? OMG I jumped up and down...OMG I just could have died. I filled it up. As I did dishes I looked over at the counter and there sat TWO dirty french press decanters. So now that he doesn't leave mine dirty....I can wash his too?
How much sense does that make? How did I win, in that situation? I made him go get his own decanter, so mine won't be dirty....Now, I have two to clean? The irony. OMGosh the irony. If anyone shouldn't be speaking to anyone...it should be me...not speaking to him. I do think, he waved at me this a.m. But, I am used to being invisible now.
I am a superhero, with superhero capabilities...The invisible room mate...?
Yeah, whatever.
2 comments:
This is why I don't do roommates. Something as simple as a tea kettle shouldn't be able to drive two people completely insane.
Christopher Robin,
I think we were already insane, now we're trying to find the depth and breadth and weight of the insanity and how to fit those weird odd and strange behaviors together. I am on day #5 of silence. Now, I'm just curious. About how long it will go on if I let it (I'm laughing.)
Post a Comment