It is warm, but overcast in N. Portland this fine Wednesday early afternoon. I am on campus; Got some research to do. Our ever, so wonderful Ethics proffessor decided for some odd and strange reason to give to us, poor college students FOUR case brief's to do! OMGosh, you should have heard the room of people groan...when, he said four? Plus, we also have to do our own research! Other professors, find and post the cases for us to read. Ah well. The fun stuff is over with. It is serious work now. My new roommate and I made it through our first week unharmed. Alright! I was terribly troubled, at how well he and I were getting. Terribly, awfully and deeply worried. It was far too good to be true. We believe a lot of the same things; In a different way?But, we are very alike, he creeped me out last night, we were visiting. He got up went to the fridge then said to me, "Do you want some Cranberry Juice?"
I love Cranberry Juice. I always drink Cranberry Juice, but just hadn't had the time to get any myself. I never told him that; But, there it was.
How do complete strangers as he and I were, Come together, get along so well, and be so alike? I am amazed, confounded and super grateful. We'll be friends. We have wonderful conversations, have a deep love for our families, enjoy reading the newspaper together over our morning coffee, and we support each other. Is it normal, to wait for something to go or be wrong? I waited the whole first week for the other shoe to drop. For there to be something odd, strange and too weird about him. Nothing...I got nothing! He's a good guy. We share a big-beautiful house and have fun as room-mates.
I am so into Macbeth, and Shakespeare. I absolutely understand the droves of people who are into his works, I do. I am fascinated, captivated and want ALL things William Shakespeare. I am still reading a lot of Vladimir Nabokov too. I've got a few more Raymond Carver books too. I wanted, to get some more. But, I had to stop myself. I already drag around at least four books for 'fun' reading. I will continue to take more Literature courses. I can't help myself, I love it soo much! Sherman Alexie is going to be on one of our College Campus'. I want to try and go to see him. If I get a chance, I'll have to share what I thought and felt about his 'Diary of a Part-time Indian.' book. And maybe get him to autograph the books of his, I have.
I had a quiet low-key Easter. I went to all three days of Easter Services. There is said, to be special blessings when one goes to all three days of the Triduum. I love, this new church I go to. I do. I've been writing every day which is nice. I've not been able to in quite awhile. I fired off a smart alecky email, to my favorite reader/responder. His April Fool's got me good! I'm not much of a April Fool's joker. I'm afraid I'm not very creative. I've got nothing. So, lemme get outta here to get work done.
It is what I'm supposed to be doing, Afterall?
No comments:
Post a Comment