Thursday, June 10

I Might Dream


I know you love me as much as your heart allows you too.
It is gentle, and sweet as a cool morning dew. I know the sweetest, purest dreams of being in love
can hardly be when reality and realism
force one to be
tough.
I know that look inside your eye
the strength of emotion you cling to
grasp and
clutch close to your chest
To meet, adore and fall in love with you
was easier than anyone could guess

The heavens and it's mysterious ways blessed you and I with so many
numbered days.
We filled each with wonders, warmth and laughter.
We captured, reined in and squeezed every second-minute and hour
as it were made for you and alone......

How it is to love you; if I weren't a girl in love with a boy
I might dream of being a star...shining down bright in all of darkness--from the love you poured
into me
I might dream of being a wild flower with all it's glory of color
from which you painted onto me
I might dream of being a dream...I might dream of being a bird
free, high up in the sky, soaring on the edges of the world
where love, life and death exist
where hope, desire, and the things Gods are made of
live....altogether
forgiveness, purity, holy, sacred, sweet
complete
as ever....

Had I loved you? Would I have tried? Had I wanted You?
You can't give to me, what I desire most.
Our love a ghost...a memory. A thing of the past....it all went by far too fast.
And how I loved you; how I adored and treasured you.
You are just a man, in a messed up world

Watching a girl
in love with you...OH the heartbreak poem, the heartsick story
the wounded, limping and gimping remnants of a woman who had loved
a woman who had cherished.....I knew you would love me
as much as
your heart would allow you
too.
I knew in the final days we would
remain a
separate
two.....I loved you anyway; I couldn't help myself.
I didn't want to.
Although, I knew you would only love me as much as your heart
would allow you to.

No comments: