Saturday, December 4

Second Chance

You don't love me. You probably never did; it is from this awful truth, I have hid. You do not want to be with me; to take unto you the secrets of life
untold.  You were just being kind, acting polite and growing sweet. Had there been another hell; the devil I'd like to meet. There was not a chance; no music in all the world~~~to hear, to dance. I am a fool of a woman; searching for the gates of heaven, on this earth
to let me in. I dream silly dreams; wish for that which I cannot hold.  To have a love as great; might I be so bold. You don't search for me; extend your heart, your love to reach me. All the days and nights alone....coldness, emptiness, alone-ness 
teach me. 
You don't love me. 
You never did.
More stars, than can be counted, And I chose you. 
Do you think I didn't know how this would end? 
Are you so foolish? 
Think me weak? My heart for you, entirely meek? 
I get a life to live; one day, a moment 
a breath to breathe....I'd go any where, beauty beckons me. 
I don't know what the future holds; I have no crystal ball. 
I can't know the end; but I always know where it is to begin. 
love
You would not open your heart and let me in. I give forgiveness; rarely, if ever second chances.
You don't love me; you never did.

No comments: