Thursday, January 6

Sam I am

You cannot have me, and another lover. It cannot be done. You cannot love me from a far;
from here
nor there. Not
with a goat; or a mouse. On a boat nor in a house. 

You have to take me 
entirely, completely and fully within. You are not a welcome observer. Not an invited guest. Your luke warm love for me
has created inside of my heart
an awful mess. I have to remind myself every single day; you don't love me. Not, how I know of love to be. 
Singl-ly.
Whole-ly.
When I am at my best performance. 
Or at my very worst:  mean, impatient or annoyed.
I know love, to be fully present, to be fully aware. I know love, to not be afraid. You don't love me; you probably never did. 

Go away; leave me be. 
Walk off and turn your back to me. 
Your love destroys and kills. 
Buries, hides and covers.....Your love loves me.  
 

1 comment:

Christopher said...

Letting go is a terribly hard thing to do. There are always those questions in the back of your head.