For the last few days, I've been staying with friends from St. Therese. They are an older couple who met in high school and married, And not been able to have children. Why do rotten things as barrenness happen to some, good, healthy, kind and faithful people such as these two? Why, it is sort of frustrating, annoying and angering to see. They have a dog, and he is like their baby. I love the dog, he is a little Dachson, 'Smiling Jack' he is very sweet, and he worries I can see it in his eyes. The place I will be moving to first thing in the morning, is nice. I really like it. My friends don't want me to leave; I can feel it, and I've been trying to ignore it. Because, I know I'm going to go. They are an older couple, with a comfortable life. Who enjoyed a new person to bring a new flavor, or life into their home. And, it is funny, they worry about me like I am child.
Ohhh, the people I've met in looking for a roommate. OMGosh one was a vegetarian type woman who insisted if I was going to eat meat, to cook it in my own kitchen utensils. She was sort of weird, manipulative and she played games. An odd, odd yucky woman. It would come out, in a walk that she is a lesbian...and, since I am Catholic did that bother me? I just told her, "I'm conservative about my life, What you do with yours is your business." I loved the house, it was high up in a hilly area of SE Portland with big beautiful views of Mt. St. Helen's and Mt. Hood. I also met with another lady with a lot of animals and she confessed right away to using marijuana for medical reason's and how she has little plants? OMGosh.....I went to another place, and they were a younger group of folks. I'll be damned if they were not drinking and getting ready to party? Needless to say, I was only at that house for maybe 20 minutes....The room that would have been the one that was mine...was alright, next to a bathroom...and all. I swear the floor slanted one direction though?
I met with a transgender too, I really liked her? Him? I did. But, it was too far away from campus.
My instincts are always right on spot; And, this man I'll be sharing a house with, We get along famously. It is easy for us to talk. I don't find many people like that in my life. In the beginning of our meeting I wasn't so sure, but I think it'll be alright. It better be, because we've agreed on at least 6 months...and, then to renew for another 6 months.
I just want to get through my program; And get on to law school. By the end of the years time, I'm sure to be able and find a place of my own. It will be nice, to have the option to have someone around to talk to. I am so impressed at the ease. I am also apprehensive, Just because it seems like there is always another shoe that has to drop.
It takes time and effort to build good quality friendships where one is at ease enough to sit back, enjoy and have a good conversation with someone else. He reminds me a lot of me; He can make quick decisions, understand what someone is trying to say when the words aren't coming out right and he has an opinion about things.
This is a big deal, to share a house with someone. I've not lived with anyone...big deal...big deal....big deal....big deal...
No comments:
Post a Comment