
Ignorant people, to me, are the most dangerous people in the world. I had to take a break, to eat something on campus this afternoon. I was sitting in the cafeteria, it was getting to be dark outside. I was tucked quietly, safely into the book about Vladimir Nabokov's work's of literature. Nice, and neatly minding my own business, contented. This loud voice, grating like fingers on a chalkboard reverberated into my ears....Forcing itself into my mind. "The Constitution, is outdated and needs to be revised." was how the horrid noise went. Because, I study law, I know this woman is obviously ill-informed, and Well, ignorant. What an idiot? I, am quite sure I even flashed her an ugly-distasteful-disgusted look and shook my head. The Constitution is the supreme law of the land; It is at the very tip-top of the pyramid.
Luckily, some other poor student was sitting closer to where she was And, heard her yammering on, about something she obviously knows nothing about. The other student, just nicely asked her, "Do you know the law? The Constitution?" TO which the dolt replied, unwittingly "NO. I don't." One would think, this would stop her in her tracks. Move her to know more about what she spouting off about. It didn't, If anything it fueled her fire to burn...to speak more. Poor girl. I reckon, she might have some kind of point, About something or other. Whatever it is; I don't think I want to know, Nor do I care in the least. She's an idiot. When she becomes informed, I will be more than happy and joyful to hear about whatever it is, that has her nose bent out of joint. (Humbert-ish arrogance?)
My night class was canceled on account of teacher sickness. It is nice, I sighed relief when reading the email from the professor. I am doing good in that class; So, am not so worried about it. It gives me time to get some late assignments completed. I can eat, and get some rest. That young man, with the hazel eyes, Alas, may have moved on to another girl. I felt a little let down. But, it is okay to be disappointed, and feel rejected. It is part of living; Everyone, must go through it and feel it. I think, anyway? Generally, I would immediately dismiss him; And, not ever look back. It is my way; It, is how I've survived. However, It hasn't done me, a lot of good. I am going to take, this opportunity to learn about myself; And, what it is I really want to be. What it is I might truly want? Who it is I feel I should be. I want to add a positivity to life; To, where ever it is I fit into it. How I can affect a change in my life? I think, I will choose a different behavior. As it is, I am focused, and driven in my higher-education goals. Because, I can take care of myself.
I can do it myself.
All by myself.
Well, I want to take a catnap; And, then finish up a few things. Plus, I am hungry...Got some goulash left I can heat up. Back to Lolita...and Vladimir. Plus, my history text...a case brief to finish....Maybe, A late night cup of coffee...I am in perilous danger of falling behind...I'VE GOT FOLLOWERS, Yay! Welcome, to my boring, odd, strange, sometimes interesting world...Feel free, to disagree with me. It keeps me on my toes. Feel free....Free free free feel feel feel free free......
2 comments:
I don't mind ignorance so much as ignorance accompanied by arrogance. Trying to push your ignorance on other people is just awful. Now personally I wouldn't mind a couple changes to the Constitution and I don't think wanting to change the Constitution in and of itself is a bad statement. It was designed to be a living document it's just been a long time since we added anything to it that it seems set in stone. I'd like to see the electoral college done away with and I'd like to see the number to override a filibuster from 60 to 55.
Okay, smarty pants.
Post a Comment