Monday, February 15

It's like a drug.


It is blue skies, and a little bit of a warm temperature in NE Portland today. It is heating up, slowly but surely. The Springtime thunder and lightening storms will be showing up soon. I have come to look forward to the thunder and lightening seasons. AT my home state, where I was born, and raised in poe-dunk one horse logging town; We, never, if rarely ever had thunder lightening storms. Now, it's like a drug and I'm an addict. I can't go without it. Of course, when first ever I heard it I was a little bit scared. No one told me, there would be such a change in weather. And, sadly it didn't occur to me? What a silly girl, I am. Just tripping along in life, fumbling and stumbling through without thought to the basics.

I just wanted to get here; Get on with my goal. And, that'd be it. I used, to imagine, the thunder was God's voice talking to me. I do live by mountains. Mt. Hood, which is to the South, and Mt. St. Helen's to the Northeast. The bigger one, is Mt. Hood and it is so beautiful, I can see it when I am on 82nd waiting for a bus, Where all the ho's are at. As, I head on to campus, I get a glimpse of St. Helen's.
At home I could see Mt. Baker on a good day. But, not often. Here, I guess the same rules apply only on clear days much like this, Do the mountains bother to yawn, stretch and be seen. I have one class today; But, am working hard to make up past-due assignments so I will be on campus till late tonight. Later on I have to go to the supermarket to get lunch items for the week. I am in the mood for green salads this week. I've begun to pack a little lunch container...Saves my much needed dineros from the campus cafeteria monster....
I re-read my last post; And, it was agonizing, to feel so close to a married man. It took a lot of work, to keep myself away from him. It was nice, for us to see each other once in awhile, as friends. I did feel awful, about the situation. I did end up being a decent person despite my deepest, strongest desire for him. We would see each other at Blockbuster, or on the street...and, we'd just hold onto each other...hug each other like old friends. It was nice, to be known. And, after having been known, be wanted. After having been known and wanted, to be loved a small wee bit.
Yep, the seasons are changing, I feel humidity on my chest...and, the crooks of arm. I have yet, to adjust to that!

2 comments:

Christopher said...

That's beautiful. I've always wanted to check out Portland, sounds like a cool city. Just haven't made it out that way yet.

Portland girl. said...

Christopher Robin,
I hope to still be here, when you get here....Or, get here, While I'm still here. Whatever....I've come to love my new home. I truly have. It is a large city, the weather is erratic. It is a very diverse place, One cannot go out any where without hearing at least two different languages....spoken...