Tuesday, November 16

True Love

I have no authority, no say, over my beating heart. How I will feel when I rise at the start of day. The greatest part of my human existence has taken over; I am weakened 
 I give in,  I surrender.
Lay down my arms. 
I have fallen in love, the powers of the heavens above 
have paralyzed, crippled and rendered fear 
to helpless
to hopeless
to powerless
over my beating heart
 How I feel for you. I am falling to the ground
believing
true
perfect
eternal 
love is what I've found.
I throw the towel in
put a white flag up. 
I cede, concede 
and give in
give up. I can't help but be in love with you; I don't want to help but be in love with you. I've run as far away from my heart as I could. I've hidden as far into myself as I could go. 
I've denied love, 
I've lied to and away love, 
buried love and 
pushed, shrugged loving off 
You've found me anyway, 
caught me irregardless, 
harnessed, bound and captured me.....I have no control and can't help myself. You've taken my heart off of the coldest-darkest-emptiest shelf. And you've let it go
set it free
touched
held it
kissed it gently
then dropped it, that I 
might know myself
see 
be and take the leap, take the chance
make a choice and listen to the noise
of love
loving you
next to me. Falling, soaring, flying.

The fear, the lie, the denial and doubt
on the inside of me
altogether dying. Because I am in love, I've surrendered and am vulnerable. 
I give in; and am willing to lose, willing to be soft
to be open
to be tender
to expose the innocence, the purity, the beauty and most defenseless inner part of me. I lead no more; I follow love. 
I am not in front, am not all knowing, seeing and powerful. 
I am a fool. 
I am so much as a beggar before the kingdom's of love. So much as a pauper.
Before the palace, the mansion and royal crown a person spends their entire lives seeking, hunting, 
looking for and not ever finding.....
I am not the first, I am not the last. 
I am lost in love. Lost and found, falling to the ground. 
I don't know if you will love me the moment from the next
I don't know if you will want me ever
True love 
 doesn't give a rip
love exists of it's own accord
and when I moved over to let it drive
I asked
if I could live.
And I do. I do! 
I live to be in love with you. 
I have no power. 
No authority. 
I am not in control. 
I surrender, throw the towel in
lay down my arms.....Falling to the ground.

No comments: