Tuesday, May 4

Charging Bulls


Well it is another day, And I am pooped out tired. I and a girlfriend from college took in some consumer therapy...Uh, yeah, we went shopping! This beautiful house I live in was in need of attention and care. I bought a big beautiful neutral type rug that is by the front door...It has big dark leaves on it. Two beautiful red, striped place mats for the room-mate and my places at the table; Kitchen towels, A beautiful purple bathroom rug and a step garbage can for the bathroom too.

Then I cleaned up. For nobody ever being home, the expansive all wood floor sure gets to being dirty. The room mate likes to eat toast, so there's always a little crumbs to wipe up, BOTH of our French press decanters sat full of coffee grounds? He has taken to moving onto the other side of the counter away from my French press area? Which, I don't get. But, I don't have to, I'm sure it is no big deal.

I could see a fight looming in the horizon as we sat to share the Sunday paper, and chat. He was at his spot on the table, I was lying on the couch with a Vladimir Nabokov in my hands....and, I was just too damn tired to fight with him over something ridiculous. I put my hand on my forehead and was like, "No. I'm not going to do this." I stood up gathered my book & fuzzy lap throw, went to my laptop began to shut it down and once that was complete sent myself to my room. Where I put on a movie, turned out the lights and crawled under my fuzzy blankets and let out a big sigh to drift off into the nighttime stars and dream.

I've started to run again; And, I was feeling a good tired. This a.m. I woke up super early in an effort to clear out before he came home from his girlfriends house. I didn't need to see him. He didn't need to see me neither.

Although, it can be rough for me and F., when we have good moments they are very good moments. But, man can we fight. It is nice, to add life to this beautiful house with Lolita and Humbert the Betta's on the mantle...the color in the rugs, and place mats. Maybe, all this house needs is a little bit of warmth. Come to think of it, maybe I should have bought a calm and soothing color for the place mats? Like a mellow blue, or neutral tan? The last thing F., & I need is a vibrant red passionate place mats? Good Gawd, we are already like charging bulls at each other?

I spent time with a friend from campus today; Who was so gentlemanly! He carried my book bag, opened the doors and was fun to be around. What a shot in the arm compared to the stuff I keep putting up with from home? A man who was going to be considerate, polite and nice to me. My daddy was a gentleman to the core. I was a princess...He treated my mother like a queen. He gave her anything and everything it could be never and a lifetime for me to ever find someone like him....For me. My momma always said there wasn't another like him. Could she be right?

There was a mid-term in Law Ethics tonight. I think I might have done quite alright. I spent the day with the department head, Creating and re-creating a flier for an event the Paralegal club will have. I cannot believe how many times he made me change it? For crying in the soup. I am starting to feel comfortable in this beautiful house. I am so tired right now I better get to bed. I wanna wake up early to sit quietly to finish reading Lolita with my morning cup of coffee....Tomorrow could be a good day! Today was for the house. It got some tender loving care. It could be a home some time. What do you think?

No comments: